Lifetime Short Call Substitute Teaching License

Share This

Now that you are retired and want to do some short call substitute teaching, do you need to renew your current active license?  No.

What do I need to do get a license for short call substitute teaching?  Apply for a Lifetime Short Call Substitute Teaching License with the following steps: 

Go to the PEL(Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board – replacing the Board of Teaching) website:


Click on the Current Educators tab


In the drop down click on:  Apply for Additional License


Click on 2. Application for Lifetime Substitute


Print off the Application for a Lifetime Qualified Short-Call Substitute Teaching License

·        Fill out the Application

·        Section 3 needs verification from TRA before you send it into PELSB

·        Send in the completed form with $57 to PELSB


This will be a lifetime short call substitute teaching license…no other requirements or renewals neededJ